Some ways in which notes can help to reach goals:
- Finding goals and planning them out
- Tracking progress
- Colleting ideas
- organizing Tasks
- Reflecting on all of the above
Some ways in which some types of notes can make you write more notes:
- running list notes - as long as a list is active, new things have to be added to it to keep it active
- check list notes - check lists have to be used
- “forms” - forms have to be filled (could also be a single field form, like a prompt note)
- seed notes - have to be edited/refactored
- notes with complex ideas - will have to be explained by other notes that may not exist yet or have to bridged to be able to be linked
- highlights/notes of reading materials - are not even real notes yet!
I think that one trick to make note taking make sense is to arrange your note taking in a way that leads to more note taking and then to make that note taking about reaching your goals. I say “and then” but both things (which are goals in themselves) have to be front and center all the time.
This blog's owner has not provided a valid email address yet.